There’s a reason drugstore shelves overflow with latex condoms in every size, thickness and color—they’re a convenient, affordable, highly effective barrier against disease transmission, as well as a popular contraceptive. Most latex condoms break because they’re used incorrectly. The typical failure rate is about twelve percent, but researchers contend that if used correctly and consistently this would drop to about two percent.
Latex should only be used with water-based or silicone lubricants, never any oil based products
The Trojan Supra, Avanti male condom and the Reality female condom are made out of polyurethane, a plastic material twice as strong as latex. It’s thinner than latex, which means greater sensitivity for users. It’s compatible with oil-based lubricants. It’s odorless and doesn’t contain the proteins that cause some individuals to be allergic to latex. It transmits heat better and is more resistant to damage from heat and light. The polyurethane condoms we sell are the Trojan Supra Condoms in both 3 and 6 packs and Avanti Polyurethane Condoms in 3 and 6 packs. Reality Female condom is also made of polyurethane. We sell this in 3 and 6 packs also.
Although polyurethane is technically stronger than latex, the plastic is much less elastic, which results in a higher breakage rate. We only recommend the polyurethane condoms to individuals with latex allergies.
‘Reality’ is a six-inch-long tube (as long as a condom, but wider), with one sealed end and a flexible, plastic ring at each end. The woman inserts one ring into her vagina; much like a diaphragm, while the ring around the opening remains anchored outside, resting flat against the labia.
The female condom is great for those with latex allergies; women can take responsibility for its use; the condom can be inserted ahead of time; a man may find the loose fit of the female condom gives him increased sensation; and the coverage provided by the outer portion may help prevent transmission of STDs such as herpes or genital warts.
Made from the intestines of sheep, lambskin condoms should never be used for safe-sex purposes, as viruses, may permeate small imperfections in the membrane’s surface. This is why we along with the majority of retailers no longer sell lambskin condoms. They are NOT safe sex products.
The Cream of the Crop - Best Sellers
- Trojan Pleasure Plus: Thin with an oversized head this creates more friction for both people.
- Rough Rider: A ribbed condom to provide added sensation.
- Beyond Seven: Thin, nearly transparent & slightly slimmer than standard size.
- Trustex Flavored: Flavored & FDA Approved.
- Glow in the Dark: A novelty item.
- Trojan Supra: Polyurethane condom.
- Trojan Magnum: 20% larger than standard condoms.
- Lifestyles Xtra Pleasure: Oversized head creates extra friction for both people.
- Trojan Twisted: This condom has twisted spirals for added sensation.
- Trojan warming: Both in a regular condom and a Magnum this has warming sensation lube to create extra sensation like id sensation or the KY warming lube.